"A Church With a Purpose"
To train an army of people who know who they are in Christ and the Christ within, to take this city and nation for Jesus.
Statement of Faith and Beliefs
- That the Bible is the inspired, authoritative and infallible Word of God. In it we find the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men and the divine and final authority in all Christian faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- That there is only one God, creator of all things, who is infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:4-7)
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles and his vicarious and atoning death where He shed His blood for the redemption of all men.
- We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His bodily ascension to the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate and His personal return in power and glory. (1 Corinthians 15:3; 1 Peter 2:21-24; John 3:16)
- That man was created in the image of God but sinned and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. The shed of blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7)
- That the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. During this age He indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for godly living and service. He operates in all believers in the fruit of the spirit and the power of the gifts of the Spirit manifesting in them as He wills. (John 14:6; Acts 1:5, 8, 2:2-4; 1 Corinthians 12-14; Galatians 5:22, 23)
- That every born-again, Spirit-filled believer should maintain a consistent prayer life. This should be both in praying with the understanding and in the Spirit. (Ephesians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 14:14-15)
- That without faith it is impossible to please God. The atonement provides salvation, healing and prosperity for the believer. We are redeemed from the curse of the law, including poverty, sickness and spiritual death. Our lives will be successful and healthy if we walk in the light of this redemption with faith in God's Word and in answer to believing prayer. (Hebrews 11:6; Isaiah 53:5; Galations 3:13; James 5:14-16)
- That the true church is composed of all those who are truly born-again. Through this new birth we are spiritually united together in the body of Christ. We, as the body, are to become more and more in every way like Christ who is the Lord and Head of His body, the church. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs. (John 3:3, 5; Ephesians 4:15, 16)
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- That the imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ will be both personal and premillennial. (John 5:24, 28, 29; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:12-15)
The Word - Isaiah 58:6-12
Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the heavy burdens,
to let the oppressed go free,
and that you break every yoke?
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
and that you bring to your house
the poor who are cast out:
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
and hide not yourself from your own flesh?
Then shall your light break forth like the morning,
your healing shall spring forth speedily,
and your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;
you shall cry, and He will say, "Here I am".
If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
if you extend your soul to the hungry
and satisfy the afflicted soul,
then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
and your darkness shall be as the noonday.
The LORD will guide you continually,
and satisfy your soul in drought
and strengthen your bones;
you shall be alike a watered garden,
and like a spring of water, whose waters do no fail.
Those from among you
shall build the old waste places;
you shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
and you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
the Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.